Thursday 30 May 2013

My Journey so far

There has been a fair few positives and negatives during this whole process, however when I compare myself at the very beginning to where I feel I am at now in regards to knowledge and understanding of a new trade I feel that I have managed to gain much more than I had expected. I didn't always get the answers that I wanted, however I shouldn't disregard all the interesting facts that I had come across that I was not planning to find out in the first place. Military Tailoring is a very difficult industry to pry in to, and I didn't make it easy on myself. However, as a project mainly built as an investigative enquiry I fell that I have definitely made a successful amount of process. I was not expecting to be an expert on the subject by the end of this journey, but I now have a great deal of information on suppliers as well as tailors in the industry that I can always revert back to if I ever choose to continue this project in the future. It has been a very challenging module, which in a way I have been very glad of, because I can now feel some sense of satisfaction as I didn't 'take the easy way out'. I feel that I have only scraped the surface, and I have so much more to learn, and this project is by no means a finished product. I plan to make progress as well as finish my tunic in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I have found your blog really interesting. I'm making an 'Adam Ant' jacket as a costume and like you, I'm finding the cost of the authentic braid prohibitive! Like you, I'm drafting my own jacket to the shape and size of the wearer, and like you the first toile had an issue with the size of the armscye! I'd love to see your finished item - I don't see any pictures of it anywhere......

    ReplyDelete