Tuesday 21 May 2013

Reflecting

Ordering fabric for this project has been a really tricky task for me to do because of all the researching and sourcing I have had to do beforehand. I have had to interpret everything for myself without the help of an expert to guide me. Most of my time has been taken up by this stage which has has a bit of a knock on effect in regards to me being able to do any practical construction work. A lot of this had been based on guesses and judgments that I have had to make in order to progress. No one that I have contacted had been able to provide me with any advice on the practical skills therefore my main source has been through examining costumes and hoping that what I am doing is right. You could say that a lot of this project has been a success in regards to how much I have researched, but you could say that it hasnt been as successful as I'd hoped it would be as I am not as far ahead as I expected to be at this stage. When you dont know what you are doing, researching in front of a computer screen as well as reading books is going to take it the majority of the time, and I did not anticipate this from the beginning. I thought it woukld be easier to find this informationn than it has been. I suppose this has all been part of the learning experience, however, I will not completely know what skills and materials are correct unless I am able to talk to a uniform tailor myself which is harder than it seems. I have taught myself to go down other routes to find what I am looking for, and even if I havent been as successful as I'd hoped I have still learnt a lot about perseverence and patience. This has been a very long journey and I dont intend to give up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment