Wednesday 22 May 2013

Lambswool research cont.


I managed to pick up some thin wool interlining that resembled lambswool linen used as interlining. This particular wool is fusible, therefore it is a more modern approach to interlining. As lambswool linen is very difficult to get a hold of, fabrics such as the one above must be the more up to date and cheaper alternative to traditional interlining.

I also did a little bit of research through the Whaleys samples again to see if I could find anything, and came across some options that were similar however not quite the same.




I then found this 'Voltaire Wool Fine Natural' which was almost identical to the fabric inside the tunic. However when I went to check the price it was £15.68 excluding VAT and postage. It is something that I cannot afford to buy a metre of at this moment in time, therefore I will look for other options which still would do the same job such as the mandors fabric which was £3.99 a metre. When to take in to conderation everything else that I have to purchase, the cheaper fabric would be my better option. Sometimes you have to compromise when you have a budget. Ultimately, this fabric is not a crucial necessity to my construction so I guess having lambswool as another layer of interlining could be taken out of the equation. However, it would still be good to have as an example of research.


No comments:

Post a Comment